To make a lighting request, follow the steps below. Please bear in mind:
- Applications to light the bridge for personal events such as birthdays and anniversaries are typically not considered, except in very special cases, for example when the individual in question has had a significant or long-standing positive impact on local communities.
- The bridge is not lit for political campaigns or corporations.
- Requests from non-profits, municipalities or school districts in the vicinity of the bridge will be given priority/special consideration.
- The bridge is pre-programmed for nationally celebrated public holidays and significant events, including religious high holidays, such as Christmas, Diwali, Easter, Eid al-Fitr, Hanukkah, Holi, Kwanzaa, Orthodox Easter, Ramadan, Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur.
- Depending on date, certain colors may not be available.
- The New York State Thruway Authority (NYSTA) has the sole discretion to reject a request for any reason.
- NYSTA has the sole discretion to cancel any approved request.
- Approval of a request by NYSTA does not constitute an endorsement of the applicant’s viewpoints.